Batas waktu: 1 Juli 2013
Syarat: International researchers and junior postdoctoral candidates of any nationality
Awards: UPFellows will receive a three-year contract with a gross salary/year of 47.300€ plus Social Security costs, travel allowance, contribution to research costs and other economic benefits
The UPFellows program promoted by Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF, Barcelona, Spain) with the support of the Marie Curie COFUND program (7th Framework Program) aimed at co-financing 24 international fellowships. It exclusively addresses international researchers and aims to offer career development opportunities to junior postdoctoral candidates of any nationality. These Fellows will join one of the most unique and dynamic research environments in Europe, Catalonia (over 42 M€ in FP7 and excellent results in ERC grants), where they will be able to advance their research and professional skills while taking advantage of a career development plan under the guidance of a senior scientific mentor.
The UPF is among the top 20 institutions in Europe funded by grants of the European Research Council and ranks as the number one Spanish university in research productivity, based on journal articles indexed in the JCR, research and development projects in 2010, and doctoral dissertations between 2004 and 2009 (Ranking in research production and productivity in the Spanish university public system, 2010).
Along with internationalization, a key contributor to UPF’s success has been its focus on specific areas of research and interdisciplinary contributions thanks to a small number of departments and affiliated research and technology centers (referred to as the “UPF Group”), which is organized into three thematic campuses:
- Social Sciences and Humanities, which is particularly strong in Economics and its interfaces with Political Science, Sociology, Law, History, and Psychology
- Information and Communication Sciences, boasting high profiles in Information and Communication Technologies as well as in Computational Sciences and Engineering applied to Health and Life Sciences
- Health and Life Sciences, with strength in multiple areas, including Bioinformatics, Cell Biology, Evolutionary Biology, and Neuropharmacology.
Eligibility is determined using the information provided in the application via the web application. For an application to be eligible:
- It must be received before the deadline.
- It must be complete, including specifically: a full CV, a statement of research interests and plans for the UPFellow period, the names of three scholars who are willing to serve as references for the applicant and an indication of which panel the applicant wishes to consider his/her application
- It must document that the applicant holds a PhD or has earned a PhD by Sept. 30 (Dissertation/Thesis approved and defended by Sept. 30,2013) and that the applicant will undertake transnational mobility, defined as the applicant not having carried out his or her main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the submission of the application. Short stays, such as holidays, are not considered.
If you have any queries about your eligibility to apply, please contact email@example.com before submitting an application.
UPFellows will receive a three-year contract with a gross salary/year of 47.300€ plus Social Security costs. In addition, selected candidates will receive:
- Travel allowance: 800€/year
- Contribution to Research costs: 3,000 €/year
- Other economic benefits: UPF has agreements with a number of providers of consumer products and health, leisure, sports, and travel services which offer employees a wide range of benefits that will be also available to the fellows.
Furthermore, candidates will have access to a wide offer of training activities such as seminars, specific training session, etc. They will be provided with the required conditions to develop their research projects with autonomy and within a stimulating environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications for the UPFellows program are accepted exclusively online through an online application system. The application deadline is the 1st of July 2013, at 11:59 PM.
Candidates must register in order to be able to use the online application system. The online application form includes all of the necessary information for the initial stages of the selection process (scientific CV, list of publications, meetings, research experience and interests, fellowships obtained under competitive calls, project the applicant wishes to perform, etc.)
At least two reference letters must be provided, which will be automatically requested from the referees proposed by the candidate through the online system. Candidates must ensure that all information is included before the deadline, including the reference letters. Incomplete proposals will not be considered eligible.
Once the application is submitted, an acknowledgement of receipt will be automatically sent by e-mail to the applicant. A reference number will be assigned, which should be included in any further correspondence.
Please note that Online Application for UPfellows will be open on June 1st.
For any additional information, please contact Marta Perelló at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can review the FAQ section here.
For more information please also check the official website.
Informasi lebih lanjut: