Batas waktu: 12 Juni 2013
Syarat: Any enterprise in the developing country which is concern in economic, environmental and social benefits.
Awards: Assistance on improving business, 3 days workshop, $5.000 for supporting fund, internationally promoted.
The SEED Awards for Entrepreneurs in Sustainable Development is an annual awards scheme designed to find the most promising, innovative and locally led start-up social and environmental entrepreneurs in countries with developing and emerging economies. An international jury of experts selects enterprises which have the potential to make real improvements in poverty eradication and environmental sustainability while contributing to a greener economy.
SEED welcomes innovative ideas from any enterprise in a developing country or country in transition, which is working in partnership with others to generate economic, environmental and social benefits. SEED’s independent International Jury of experts selects Award Winners, those entreprises that have the greatest promise of making substantial improvements in poverty eradication and environmental sustainability while contributing to a greener economy.
You will be able to apply for a 2013 SEED Award if your enterprise:
a) demonstrates entrepreneurship and innovation
b) delivers economic, social and environmental benefits
c) has the intention and potential to become financially sustainable
d) is a partnership between different stakeholder groups
e) is locally driven or locally led
f) has potential for scale up or significant replication
g) is in the early stages of implementation
h) is in a country with a developing or emerging economy
HOW TO APPLY
Since in 2013 a variety of SEED Awards are available, please decide before applying for which Award you wish to be considered. For the types of Awards available in 2013 please have a look here.
Please note, each applicant may apply for a maximum of two Award categories.
There are 2 ways to apply for a SEED Award:
Please note that only complete submissions will be considered which are submitted before June 12th 2013, 23:59 Central European Time (CET). Late submissions cannot be considered.
Proposals which are shortlisted will be offered feedback and invited to submit additional information in July 2013 (dates may be subject to changes).
To view a detailed timeline of the entire application process, click here.
For any queries, please see the most Frequently Asked Questions. If your question is not in the in the FAQs or if you are unable to submit your application electronically, please contact SEED by phone (+49 30 890006899) or fax (+49 30 890006815).
This year SEED will make available up to:
- 15 SEED Awards to enterprises in Ethiopia, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Tanzania and Uganda;
- 5 SEED Awards for enterprises in South Africa;
- 3 SEED Awards for South African enterprises in the provinces of Free State, Limpopo and KwaZulu Natal;
- 10 SEED Low Carbon Awards for enterprises in Colombia, India, Tanzania, Uganda and Viet Nam;
- 2 SEED Gender Equality Awards, for enterprises in other countries (except countries that are OECD or EU members).
SEED Awards Prize
Each SEED Award Winner will receive a package of tailored support services consisting of:
• assistance and advice on developing and improving the enterprise’s business and financial plan;
• a three-day in-country business-oriented workshop, also covering the key elements and factors which help to build a successful social and environmental enterprise, which is also gender responsive;
• participation in a high-level international awards ceremony with senior government and UN officials, development institutions, financial institutions and businesses;
• profiling of the enterprise nationally, regionally and internationally;
• assistance with access to relevant organisations, businesses, and to other SEED winners and SEED alumni, and SEED Partners, Supporters and Associates;
• a financial contribution of USD 5,000 to cover the enterprise’s most pressing needs, as agreed between the winner and SEED;
• Gender Equality Winners will in addition receive support from the international law firm Hogan Lovells who have an established pro bono practice advising women entrepreneurs across the world.
Informasi lebih lanjut: