Batas waktu: 25 Juni 2013.
Syarat: Currently enrolled in a college/university.
Awards: All cost will be covered.
WISE was established by Qatar Foundation in 2009 under the patronage of its Chairperson, Her Highness Sheikha Moza bint Nasser. WISE is an international, multi-sectoral platform for creative thinking, debate and purposeful action. WISE is a global reference for new approaches to education. With its ongoing programs and its flagship annual Summit, WISE is promoting innovation and building the future of education through collaboration. The next WISE Summit is to be held in Doha, Qatar, October 29-31, 2013.
WISE Learners’ Voice brings the views of students to the issue of rethinking education. The Program builds their communication, entrepreneurship, and leadership skills to ensure that decision-makers hear their all-important voice, and that they are prepared to take on leading roles in their field and the education world.
The current Learners’ Voice community consists of 78 Learners who were recruited in 2010, 2011 and 2012. They are from diverse backgrounds and disciplines, and from all around the world. They share a passion for education, and together they represent the unique perspective of the learning community in WISE.
The students selected in 2012 are currently taking part in a year-round Program that combines online sessions, theoretical lectures and practical workshops about education, public policy and decision-making, social entrepreneurship, leadership and communications, as well as group work on a project in the field of education. They are also making their voice heard at a number of
international conferences and will play a key role at WISE 2013.
30 New Learners to Be Recruited for 2013
WISE is now looking for a further 30 outstanding young learners aged 18 to 25 to apply or be nominated to join this growing global community. They will be invited to attend the WISE Summit in Doha from October 29 to 31, as well as a pre-Summit workshop that will start on October 27, and may be involved in year-long activities during the rest of 2013 and throughout 2014. Qatar Foundation will cover all fares and accommodation costs for the selected Learners. Learners can either apply personally or be nominated.
> Nominate a learner to take part in the Program
WISE invites representatives of institutions, organizations, programs and networks around the world to nominate highly motivated learners with outstanding or original academic/learning experiences to participate in the WISE Learners’ Voice Program. WISE is seeking to form a group of individuals from diverse educational paths and cultural backgrounds.
> As a learner, apply personally to take part in the Program
WISE is also inviting highly motivated learners to apply for the Learners’ Voice Program by submitting an application form that needs to be endorsed by 2 referees. The official nomination and application forms can be downloaded from the WISE website: http://www.wise-qatar.org. Completed forms should be submitted online at http://www.wise-qatar.org by June 25, 2013, 18.00 GMT
1. Age and status: Participants must be between the ages of 18 and 25 on October 29, 2013. All students must be considered legal adults in their home country.
2. Availability: Participants must be available to travel to Doha, Qatar, and be able and willing to participate in the full WISE Learners’ Voice event beginning at 9:00 on October 27, 2013 and ending at 16:00 on October 31, 2013.
3. Participants should be willing to contribute to online discussions prior to the event and to work with the WISE Team to prepare for a successful WISE Summit.
4. Continuing involvement and participation: Participants should be willing to continue their involvement with the WISE initiative following the WISE Summit and participate in other events and activities during the remainder of 2013 and throughout 2014 and beyond. In particular, the WISE Learners’ Voice Program is designing 3 short residential education workshops (5 to 10 days each) to take place in December 2013, June 2014 and October/November 2014, just before the Summit.
5. All participants must hold a passport that is valid for at least 18 months following the WISE Summit to be held October 29-31, 2013.
6. College/university or training program attendance: All participants should be currently enrolled in (or recently graduated from) a course of study at a recognized college, university or training program.
7. Social engagement: All participants should be able to demonstrate their engagement in wider social networks or communities of practice broadly associated with their studies and their professional interests.
8. Professional and wider interests: Participants should be able to demonstrate interest in education and other wider global development issues.
9. Personality: Participants should be personable and able to work well in multicultural, multinational teams.
10. Communication skills: Participants should be comfortable with presenting and speaking in public.
11. Language skills: All participants should be proficient in spoken and written English.
12. All nominators and applicants must agree to respect all final participant selection decisions made by the WISE Team. No appeal or claim will be accepted.
For further information about the WISE Learners’ Voice Program please visit the WISE website (www.wise-qatar.org), the Learners’ Voice blog (http://learnersvoice.tumblr.com/) or contact the WISE Team at email@example.com
Untuk pendaftaran, klik disini.