Batas waktu: 21 Juni 2013
Syarat: Warga negara diantara negara dalam daftar, (Indonesia termasuk). bachelor atau master degree.
Awards: Free tuition; monthly allowance of 1350 PLN (approximately US $450), installation allowance of 1350 PLN, International travel expenses, and health insurance.
With a view to promoting human resource capacities in the developing countries and to enhancing international understanding and friendship among nations and the people of Poland, the Polish National Commission for UNESCO and the UNESCO Chair for Science, Technology and Engineering at the AGH University of Science and Technology in Krakow are placing at the disposal of UNESCO thirty-two fellowships of six months duration starting on 1 October 2013 for the benefit of Member States listed below. Beneficiaries of these fellowships will be given the opportunity to undertake an individual research programme in the field of Science, Technology and Engineering.
Benefits of the fellowship:
- Free tuition;
- Monthly allowance of 1350 PLN (approximately US $450) corresponding to the salary of a local junior research fellow. Thus, all living expenses in Poland are to be borne by the fellow with this allowance; and;
- An installation allowance of 1350 PLN to be paid upon arrival in Poland. No provision to finance or lodge family members is made. At the end of the research studies, the beneficiaries will receive a certificate attesting to their attendance at the host institution.
- International travel expenses: (by the most direct, economical route) from the beneficiary’s country to and from Poland will be covered by UNESCO under its Regular Programme Budget.
- Health insurance for fellowship beneficiaries who are declared medically fit: UNESCO fellowship holders may be covered by a health insurance policy, taken-out by the Organization for the duration of fellowship. The costs of this health insurance is subscribed to and covered by UNESCO on behalf of awarded fellows.
- Hold a Bachelor’s or M.Sc. degrees;
- Be proficient in reading and writing English;
- Be not more than 45 years of age; and,
- Be in good health, both physically and mentally.
The scholarship is open for:
- students of Africa (46 Member States: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi Mali, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra, Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Swaziland, Togo, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe.)
- ARAB STATES (Sudan)
- ASIA and the PACIFIC (36 Member States and 2 Associated Members): Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam UNESCOCambodia, China, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, Niue, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Viet Nam. Associated Members: Macao China (Associate Member), Tokelau (Associate Member)
- EUROPE (7 Member States): Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Republic of Moldova, Russian Federation, Ukraine
- LATIN AMERICA AND THE CARIBBEAN (31 Member States): Argentina, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia (Plurinational State of) Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Uruguay, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of) can apply for these fellowships.
You may read more about the qualifications for each fellowship in Annex III HERE.
The deadline is 21 June 2013. One candidature should be submitted per invited Member State. The UNESCO Secretariat cannot consider individual applications. Such applications are returned to the applicants, who are advised to submit them to the competent national body.
Original applications in duplicate must be channelled through the National Commission for UNESCO of the candidate’s country (SEE LIST HERE FOR CONTACT INFORMATION) and communicated to Ali Zaid, Chief, and Fellowships Programme Section. An advance copy of the application may be sent by fax or by e-mail a.zaid-at-unesco.org. Applications should have imperatively the following attachments in duplicate:
- UNESCO fellowships application form AVAILABLE HERE, ALL four (4) pages duly completed in English;
- Two photographs attached to the applications (4×6 cm);
- Certified copies (in English) of Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree obtained; and,
- UNESCO certificate of language knowledge, duly completed by a relevant authority, if the mother tongue of the candidate is not English.
Informasi lebih lanjut: