Batas waktu: 5 Juli 2013.
Syarat: Warga negara dari eligible countries. Indonesia salah satunya.
Awards: Selected activities under each of the three calls will be recognised as Momentum for Change lighthouse activities, and showcased at a special event during the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Warsaw, Poland in November, 2013.
The United Nations Climate Change secretariat is calling for activities for selection under Momentum for Change: Urban Poor
The period for submitting applications is open from 17 May to 5 July 2013
See below for further details on how to apply
On 21 May, Christiana Figueres hosted a Twitter Q&A session
on Momentum for Change: Urban Poor.
Although urban centres are often ill-prepared to meet the basic needs of rapidly expanding populations, the urban poor are incredibly resourceful populations, with their own networks and the proven capacity to save and invest in the betterment of their communities. Climate change creates a stimulus for adaptation and mitigation action to improve and transform some of the most vulnerable urban communities today.
Momentum for Change: Urban Poor celebrates activities which address climate change and improve livelihoods and living conditions in urban areas of developing countries and is implemented with the generous support of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
The Momentum for Change Advisory Panel will select a small number of lighthouse activities to be recognized during the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Warsaw, Poland from 11–22 November 2013.
The Momentum for Change: Urban Poor lighthouse activities will demonstrate measurable impact on the ground and the potential for replicability and scaleability at the local, national and international levels. They will be assessed and chosen against the following selection criteria:
- The activity must address climate change mitigation or adaptation in a developing country, while improving the lives of the urban poor (see attachment for eligible countries); (230 kB)
- The activity must have been implemented, or is in the course of implementation;
- The activity must be scalable and/or replicable;
- The activity must demonstrate innovation and potential for long-term transformation change;
- The activity must be the result of an innovative partnership, which aims to achieve scalable, long-term results;
- The activity must deliver verifiable social and environmental benefits to an identified community, which has been appropriately engaged in the activity development processes;
- The activity must not be registered or have intentions to register as a CDM or JI activity for the next 2 years.
Applications will be judged on the basis of the form submitted; the Momentum for Change team may contact the applicant should further information be sought.
Before you submit your application, please ensure the following:
- You have the authority to make an application on behalf of the activity;
- You have registered your interest by creating a log-in account;
- You have read and understood the criteria and the terms of application (214 kB) .
If you would like more information about the application process and Momentum for Change, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions section. Should you have further enquiries, do not hesitate to contact the Momentum for Change team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All activities that are considered to have met the selection criteria will be included in the Momentum for Change website. The information entered into the application form by the registered applicant, will comprise the basis for the entry, including a link to the activity’s own website. By submitting your activity to the call, you will provide it with a chance to become a part of a growing catalogue of climate change mitigation and adaptation activities serving to inspire and keep people abreast of the change already occurring around the world.
Informasi lebih lanjut: