Batas waktu: 8 Juli 2013
Syarat: Indonesian citizen, 18-30 years old.
Awards: Accommodation and meals during the event. note: travel ticket and other expenses are not waived by the committee.
• Forum Theme:
Main Theme : Youth and Historical Reconciliation in East Asia
1. Identifying Barriers against Historical Reconciliation in East Asia
2. Action and Participation of Youth for Historical Reconciliation in East Asia
• Forum Date: 19 – 23 August 2013 (arrival on the 19th; departure on the 23rd)
• Venue: Seoul, Republic of Korea
• Working languages: English. (on 20th August, simultaneous translation will be provided in Korean and English)
• Participants: one or two eligible youth from each country. 60 individuals consist of 20 applicants from Korea and 40 from overseas, age 18-30 years old.
• Activities: Open Lecture on Historical Reconciliation, Plenary and Breakout sessions, and Field Study to the House of Sharing (Historical Site)
• Organized by: Korean National Commission for UNESCO (KNCU)
As the Follow up of the 1st International Youth Forum on Historical Reconciliation held in 2012, Korean National Commission is organizing the 2nd International Youth Forum on Historical Reconciliation 2013. The forum will serve as a platform for youths from various backgrounds to share their ideas and inspirations on relevant historical issues. The overall goal is to contribute directly to historical reconciliation while enabling youths to understand and collaborate with peers from the global community.
• To explore new visions and ideas for historical reconciliation in East Asia, particularly regarding the roles of youth
• To promote understanding of achievements and challenges of historical reconciliation efforts in East Asia and other regions
• To raise public awareness on the significance of youth participation for historical reconciliation
Working Method of the Forum:
• The Youth Forum will work with young people between 18 and 30 years old.
• The Youth Forum will be an educational gathering that lasts 5 days during which the young participants will follow a program consisting of Open Lecture, Plenary and Breakout Sessions, Group Discussion, visits to House of Sharing (Historical Site of Sexual Slavery on Korean Women by Japanese Military during World War II) and hands-on activities among others.
• The activities will be documented and filmed.
• One or two Indonesian Youth Delegate will be selected by Korean National Commission for UNESCO through Youth Desk – Indonesian National Commission for UNESCO, age 18-30 years (male or female)
• Should be proficient in English in order to give presentations and join discussions.
• Have been actively involved in Historical Reconciliation activities and highly motivated to learn more about it.
• Willing to create and implement projects upon return to their home country and their respective city.
• Capable of involving other youth and students in the project activities and to promote the project in the local community.
• If he/she selected to be the Indonesian Youth Delegate, he/she agree to sign Letter of Agreement to actively involve (voluntary) at the Youth Desk – Indonesian National Commission for UNESCO, for at least two years right after going back from the forum.
• Send us:
1. Application Letter (comprising what makes you interested in this topic, how do you involve so far with such kind of activities/projects, what is your expectation if you selected for this forum, what will you do after the forum and what kind of follow up program/project will you hold after) not more than 2 pages of A4 paper size.
2. Essay on each of the sub-themes. The essay should be 2000 words or less and written in ENGLISH. The essay should include the discussion of: (1) the current situation and difficulties related to the given theme; and (2) suggestions or recommendations from the youth perspective on how to promote mutual cooperation or resolution with regard to the theme.Chosen participants will be required to give 5-10 minutes presentation based on this essay on the 1st day of forum.
3. Curriculum Vitae
Email to: email@example.com
Title: KNCU Forum on Historical Reconciliation – (Your Complete Name)
Example: Forum on Historical Reconciliation – Asep Febri Pamuji
Deadline: July 8th, 2013 – 23.59 WIB.
The Delegate chosen by KNCU will be announced in approximately two weeks after deadline at:
* Young delegates are required to participate in all the planned activities of the Forum.
Travelling Cost will be borne by INDIVIDUALS. Accommodation and meals, as well as local transportation will be provided by the organizing committee. Other fees apart from what mentioned above will be cover by the chosen delegate.
Informasi lebih lanjut:
klik disini untuk website penyelenggara.